GOD SO LOVED HE GAVE
FROM A HEART OF GRATITUDE, WE GIVE OUR TIME, TALENT & TREASURE
Everything we have and everything we are is a gift from God. Stewardship is the ability to share our gifts of life – Time, Talent & Treasure with others, no strings attached and no conditions. We share these gifts out of our love for God and gratitude to Him.
“Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well” Matt 6:23
A Christian Steward Shares their Time & Talents
- Receives God’s gifts gratefully
- Cherishes and tends them in a responsible, accountable manner
- Shares them in justice and love with others
- Returns them with increase to the Lord
“Make it your practice instead to store up heavenly treasure, which neither moths nor rust corrode, nor thieves break in and steal. Remember, where your treasure is, there your heart is also.” Matt 6:20,21
Five Principles of Stewardship Giving
- Planned – We spend time in thought and prayer when deciding what to give, rather than merely giving what we happen to have left at the end of the week.
- Proportionate – Our giving is proportionate to what God has given us. We give in proportion to the gifts we have received.
- Sacrificial – We give back to God from our substance, rather than our abundance.
- Grateful – Our offering is a grateful response to the immense love God has for us.
- A Gift – What we give is a gift, given without reservation or condition.
“Let me say this much: He who sows sparingly will reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will reap bountifully. Everyone must give according to what he has decided; not sadly, not grudgingly, for God loves a cheerful giver. God can multiply His favors among you so that you may always have enough of everything and even a surplus for good works.” II Cor 9:6-8
“Therefore, through Jesus, let us continually offer a sacrifice of praise, that is, the fruit of lips which acknowledge His name. And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.” Heb 13:15,16
“Now, our God, we give You thanks, and praise Your glorious name!” 1 Cor 29:13