- PREPARES is a statewide initiative of the Catholic Bishops of Washington State. We provide pregnancy and parenting support and activities through Catholic parishes across Washington State, serving all families from pregnancy to their child's fifth birthday. All are welcome to participate in the free support that PREPARES provides.
- PREPARES supports the commitment to the sanctity of human life, especially in its most vulnerable early stages. It seeks not only to assure healthy births and avoid the tragedy of abortion, but also to provide emotional support to nurture healthy and flourishing relationships that uphold the vision of the family as the essential unit of society.
- PREPARES works with parishes to develop support for pregnant women and families and vary based on the parish. Please see our PREPARES ministry locator to find available support in your area. You do not need to be Catholic to receive anything through PREPARES. All are welcome.
- The Catholic bishops of Washington State enthusiastically created and launched the PREPARES initiative at the Cornerstone Conference in 2014. The first of its kind in the United States, PREPARES creates the capacity within Catholic parishes, other faith communities, and collaborating agencies across Washington State to assist pregnant mothers, fathers, and their families by walking with them on the journey from pregnancy to their child’s fifth birthday.
- Statewide PREPARES is provided and coordinated through Catholic Charities of Spokane, Catholic Charities Serving Central Washington, and Catholic Community Services of Western Washington. Statewide through each of these agencies, the Catholic Church has provided a centry of life-affirming proffessional supportive services for infant children and their mothers and families including prenatal care, counseling, adoption services, and housing and medical care referrals.
- PREPARES is now able to provide our PREPARES Orientation online! Our orientation is a three-part introduction to PREPARES and will offer you an in-depth overview of PREPARES, ways to volunteer, and how to get PREPARES started in your community. If you find yourself interested in volunteering with PREPARES call or email the Parish Office.
PREPARES Mission Statement: sponsored by the Catholic Bishops of Washington State and open to all people, provides services to pregnant mothers, fathers, and their families by walking the journey from pregnancy to the child's fifth birthday.
Have the opportunity for you and your family to be connected with a trained Family Companion volunteer or team that is there to support you during your time of parenthood.
Some communities statewide offer parent groups that come together on a consistent basis for an evening of fellowship, discussion, and support.
PREPARES Bags are a gift from the Catholic church, assembled through donation, and distributed to families just like yours, offering support and comfort to your growing family.
Join a group that is facilitate by a volunteer for parents and their children. Groups are offered on a regular basis to focus on fun activities with children and parenting support.
PREPARES EN ESPAÑOL
In some areas, PREPARES also offers support and activities in Spanish! Check out our PREPARES locator below for the closet PREPARES en Espanol.
... AND MORE!
PREPARES continues to grow based on the many talents of our volunteers and hopes to support your family in any way we can. Reach out to us today to see how we can help you and your family!