Please Read Carefully
At this time, Fr. Phuong is following the Archbishop in recommending
people continue to wear face masks while on the Parish Campus.
A message from the Archbishop
As vaccination rates continue to rise and Washington State begins to further lift restrictions, the Archdiocese of Seattle will be lifting some of its restrictions as well. However, please keep in mind that the Pastors/Administrators/Pastoral Coordinators of parishes will have the final decision on what can and may be done in their specific churches when relaxing previous Mass reopening restrictions. One parish may not be able to offer the same opportunities as a neighboring parish due to size, space limitations, or other circumstances. - Archbishop Paul Etienne, Seattle Washington
Fr. Phuong has approved the following changes will take effect the weekend of August 28-29, 2021 at St. Gabriel and Price of Peace.
- Crying areas can be used as they were Pre-COVID.
- Choirs can return to lead the congregation in Sung Prayer.
- Congregational Singing.
Recent changes back to “Normal” Mass
- Cantor Singing at Mass (JUNE)
- Open Seating and Social Distance Seating Sections (JULY 3-4)
- Reservations NO LONGER NEEDED to attend Mass (JULY 3-4)
- Worship Aids can be reused (JULY 3-4)
- The Church no longer needs to be sanitized after each Mass. (JULY 3-4)
- The Collection Basket will be passed through the pews (JULY 3-4)
- Parishioners are welcome to Enter & Exit any door for Church access (JULY 3-4)
- Holy Water will be in all the normal positions, the Fonts will be refilled. (July 24-25)
- Sign of Peace will return, this could be a handshake or a wave. (July 24-25)
- Altar Server Ministry will return. (July 24-25)
- Presentation of the Gifts by the Faithful (July 24-25)
THE FOLLOWING WILL NOT CHANGE AT THIS TIME
- No Social Gatherings such as Coffee/Donuts Breakfast, Luncheons or Dinners.
- All ministry meetings will continue to follow existing protocols that are in place with the exception of not having to sanitize the area or maintain an attendance log.
- At this time, Congregational Singing is still not allowed, instead, sing in your heart and soul, with the Cantor.
- Precious Blood is not allowed for the congregation.
- Children’s Liturgy is still not allowed.